Fourth child? These Newborns Are
Posted on 3 May, 2017 by Sarah Hart
A fourth child?! Most of us create our families with one, two or sometimes three babies……but baby number four is a little more unusual these days. Recently, in my role as a Kent newborn photographer, I’ve been so honoured to welcome two little newborn babies who have both been “baby number 4” in their families! I’m always amazed at my newborn session clients who manage to get themselves up, dressed and out the house with their new arrivals for 10am in the morning…..but with FOUR!!!! WOW!!! That takes some serious planning!
Some points to consider (and by no means all) are:
- Do you have room for an extra child in your house? Not necessarily an additional bedroom as siblings can often share bedrooms well, but is there enough physical room in your home?
- What are the current dynamics in your family like? Many families often say that a fourth child helps restore the dynamic in the family.
- Day-to-day expenses of having an extra child.
- Would your older children enjoy the experience of having another sibling?
- Would your current car fit four children in?
- How old are your current children? Often a big age gap will allow more time for each child as they are at varying degrees of independence.
- Holidays…..these are a luxury for many households. Having an extra child will obviously limit the type and possibly the frequency of holidays.
- Love – some mums feel “done” after their first, second or third. However, other mummies just feel that they have a never-ending amount of love to give.
One of these babies was “planned”, the other baby was a “surprise” (I won’t divulge which was which 😉 ) But what was the most special thing with both of these families was that BOTH mummies spoke of how blessed they felt in welcoming baby no. 4 in to their families. One thing is for sure: these little girls are very lucky to belong to such wonderful families. And I too, felt privileged to be capturing their fourth (and both say last!) babies of their family. Meet the fourth babies who visited my Tonbridge studio recently….
Meet Callie, youngest sister to Isaac, Heidi and Fletcher, who arrived for her newborn session at 10 days old. I first met their mum, Chrisy, at Fletcher’s newborn session 2 years ago and have since photographed this gorgeous family several times. I think their mummy will confess that she may have a slight addiction to visiting Sarah Hart Photography and for that I feel blessed. And I look forward to watching these lovely children grow up.
And shortly after Callie’s newborn session, I welcomed baby Hannah, below, another fourth child. She visited along with her siblings, Ruth, Bethany and Jonathan. When Hannah’s mummy originally enquired about a newborn photography session, she confessed that her other children didn’t have newborn photography sessions. Whilst she was determined not to miss the opportunity this time round, she felt a certain amount of guilt. Guilt that baby number 4 was going to have these precious keepsake images, whilst the others wouldn’t. But as with any family who books a newborn session with me, I always invite the siblings, either at the beginning of the session, or at an additional 30 minutes session on another day, to ensure they are have some photographs individually and with their siblings.
Get in touch
Are you adding to your family this year? It may not be for a fourth child! I take bookings for newborn sessions any time after your 20 week scan. If you are interested in booking one of these special sessions to document your tiny baby, drop me an email or give me a call, to find out more information. I would love to hear from you!
If you are interested in booking a newborn session you can take a look at my most recent work on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SarahHartPhotography
Or head over to the Newborn Session section of my website to gain more information about these lovely sessions.